July 25, 2011

Irie

I have a lot of catching up to do! We have been busy, busy this Summer. The days have sure flown by quickly... cannot believe August is almost here!

I hope to get caught up on the fun times we've had this Summer within the next week or two, but in reality, I'm sure it will take me longer than that. You all know me and how sporadic I've been with blogging lately. :)

So, let's start with our family vacation to Jamaica this past May. If I could choose one Jamaican word to describe our trip, I would pick irie. It means, "to feel good and/or everything is alright." As soon as we stepped foot on the white sandy beaches and felt the warmth of the sun on our faces, we knew it was gonna be a good week. And it was.

It was perfect.

I had a hard time deciding which pictures to use for this post because I took so many {imagine that!}, so I just decided to make it easy on myself and pick out a few of my favorites to share with you. Here they are {in no particular order}...



This was Noah's first time to experience the beach, and as you can see he thoroughly enjoyed himself. He played in the sand with his beach toys and loved running and splashing through the ocean.

Photobucket

And after hours of playing...

Photobucket

Guess who got buried in the sand by Dad, Uncle Bibi, and Aunt Abby?

Photobucket

Love the dreads, bro. Once again, my brother providing us a few laughs. :)

Photobucket

Family having fun in the sun!

Photobucket

Josh and Matt played a few rounds of beach volleyball. They were fun to watch {when I wasn't napping under a beach hut}.

Photobucket

Noah's favorite drink to cool off was a strawberry daiquiri {just like his momma!}. I love this picture of Noah drinking one of many, many daiquiri's. Haha :) {And no, they weren't alcoholic... wouldn't want someone to get the wrong idea and call CPS on me!}.

Photobucket

Noah and his Mimi on the beach. ♥

Photobucket

We took excursions to Dolphin Cove and Dunn's River Falls, and they were both awesome! I highly recommend both of them!

Dunn's River Falls was incredible. It is a famous waterfall near Ochos Rios where visitors can climb right up the falls. The water was icy cold and we were soaked from head to toe right from the very beginning, but it was totally worth it. Definitely one of my favorite excursions we've ever done.

The highlight of Dolphins Cove was swimming with Dolphins {something I've wanted to do for as long as I can remember!}. I wish I could have taken pictures, but they don't allow you to use your own camera. Boo! Noah was too young to actually swim with the dolphins, but he and Mimi got to get close and touch them and watch then jump through the air. We also saw a shark show and touched and swam with sting rays {a pretty weird feeling being in the water with them!}. And Noah made a little friend while we were there...

Photobucket
Photobucket

Noah and his Aunt Megan hanging out by the pool. See the little dandelion in Noah's hand? If there is a dandelion to be picked, Noah will find it. :)

Photobucket

Noah surprised us all and was calm enough to get his hair braided while we were in Jamaica!! Can you believe it? This is the same little boy who hates getting his haircut. Yep, he sat and got his hair braided. Of course, it took a little bribing from all of us with candy and fruit snacks, but he did it, and we were so proud of him! There were lots of "Oh, look how cute he is in his braids!" anywhere we went. He was soooo cute... he looked just like a Jamaican.

Photobucket

Hi, dad! Relaxing and watching Matt and Josh play a little volleyball.

Photobucket

Noah and Mimi having a little dance party on the beach.

Photobucket

We weren't sure if Noah would nap on the beach, but he did. One day he took a three {yes, three!} hour nap and woke up happy and ready to play!

Photobucket

I love this next picture. While we were waiting to ride a banana boat, one of the Jamaican guys was over in our area cleaning up the boats for the day. As soon as he saw Noah, he took an interest in him, and they instantly became friends. He asked Noah if he wanted to help him and together they went from boat to boat tying up the sails. It was the sweetest thing.

Photobucket

Mom and dad in the dreads now! I love my dad's expression. Hahaha.

Photobucket

Matt and Josh swimming with sting rays and snorkeling.

Photobucket

Noah stole the dreads from Mimi and Granddad!

Photobucket

Definitely, without a doubt, my favorite picture of the whole trip.

Photobucket

Oh Matt, you should have known better. :)

Photobucket

Thank you Dad and Mom for making it possible for us to all get together... especially in Jamaica! What a wonderful trip we all had!

Photobucket

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the post Libby! Seems like Noah wont have a hard time remembering this adventure when he gets older with all these pictures. :)

Lena B, Actually said...

Oh, wow! What a great trip! Your pics are priceless!!

Linda P. said...

Libby! I loved loved loved LOVED this post!!! The pictures were fantastic, as was the story telling! How cute is Noah in his dreadlocks, and such great, sweet, funny, etc., pictures of everyone. What a fun time and a fun family.

jaquelyn {mama thoughts} said...

I love this, Libby! Love seeing all these photos, and Noah is just so cute. :) Yay for vacations!

P.S. When I was 13, I wanted to be a dolphin trainer at Seaworld - I've always wanted to swim with dolphins! :)

Brittney @ britandtheboys said...

beautiful pictures! It looks like a great getaway!

DId you figure out how to fix your lense?!

jillian sara said...

I love all these pictures! You are so talented libby. :-)
your not in any of them though :-(

Linda Jordan said...

What gorgeous pictures! It looks like you had tons of fun too :) Thanks for sharing!

Marie DuJour said...

So much fun! My camera broke midway though my Jamaica trip, so I didn't get any of the beach shots I wanted... Boo!
Love the pics, thanks for sharing : )

~Kristin

Libby's Life said...

Oh man so jealous... my hubs and I want to go there so badly! We are going to try to make it someday. It looks like everyone had such a great time. Your family is adorable, especially that little boy of yours! He is just the sweetest thing. :) I that he got his hair braided it's so adorable. But where the heck are you in all these pictures?! You should have been in at least one!!!! ;)

Unknown said...

Noah in braids, I just love it so much! He looks adorable (as always) and it looks like you had a great trip.

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

Looks so fun! I love the photos! Lucky you!

Christina Whitley said...

WOW Wonderful pictures. I love the last one of Josh with Noah in the air. I love it! I am glad you all had a great time in jamaica....

danielle @ take heart said...

these pictures are amazing friend! love noah's hair!

Anna Elder said...

looks like a wonderful time! it's so nice to get away, but so nice to come back home as well.

Melanie Lyons said...

Great pictures! I'm glad Noah can tolerate a bird on his head, made me cringe! Swimming with dolphins and relaxing on the beach sounds heavenly. Glad y'all were able to get away.

chriselda said...

LOVE this!!!!!

Meriem said...

Bonjour Libby ! Greetings from France Just discovered your blog today! I love your beautiful photography :)