July 08, 2011

Saying Goodbye to the Turtles

Photobucket

I'm a little behind in posting this...
summer came quickly this year!

I love this picture.

I love it because it reminds me of when Noah
first started going to Mother's Day Out.

For the first couple of months, Noah was so timid
and scared... Mother's Day Out was new & unfamiliar.

Leaving Noah crying and clinging to me was so hard.
{Like maybe the worst thing ever, seriously.}
But leaving him with two incredible teachers whom I completely
trusted and whom I knew could always bring a smile to his face
made it a little bit easier to say goodbye.

Noah loved Mrs. Sandy & Miss Eve;
they always made him feel secure and loved.
Having a class full of wild toddlers must have been crazy
at times, but that didn't keep them from spending one-on-one
time with Noah to help him adjust to his new environment.

It wasn't long before Noah looked forward to "school."
He was no longer scared. He would walk right into
his classroom without a glance back.
{I'm pretty sure I shed a few tears...}

I loved watching Noah grow this year.

Not only did his speech grow, his confidence did too.
He made lots of new friends.
Got invited to birthday parties.
He learned so much.

I am so grateful God had a special place
for him in this class. What a wonderful year it was!

I think it was harder for me to say goodbye to
Eve & Sandy than it was for Noah. :)
Thank you both for the time you invested
in teaching & loving on my little turtle.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

This is such a cute photo! It's always hard when the year ends...I seem to get a little weepy on the last day!

The Christians said...

Aww...what a sweet post! Your little turtle looks so cute in this picture! I am glad all of you had such a good experience with his first year of MDO. I'm sure next year will be just as great!

Linda P. said...

Oh, I'm so glad he had a good experience as a "turtle"! Cute picture!