July 06, 2011

Big Brother Einstein

Recently, I received a comment asking,
"How did Einstein first adjust when you brought baby home?"

The comment brought back sweet, sweet memories
of the day we brought our baby boy home from the
hospital to meet our fur baby for the very first time.

Einstein and Noah in their very first moments together...


There is just nothing sweeter than watching
Einstein show his love to Noah by licking his little fingers.
And Noah's smile... oh that precious little smile.

From the very start, Einstein has always loved his little brother.
But as much as he loved baby Noah, naturally, he had to learn
to share our love and attention. Everything had changed.
He was now big brother instead of the baby.

But it wasn't long before Einstein realized
being a big brother was not so bad afterall.

That it really is pretty fun having a playmate around:


And well, it does have its perks:


I have no doubt they are growing up to be the best of friends.

Photobucket

Photobucket

10 comments:

The Christians said...

So precious!!! Love love love that last pic! Einstein is such a good big brother...looks like he has been from Day 1! Do you think Noah would share his big brother with Ian for a play date?

Lindsey Jo said...

that last picture is presh!

Samantha {Moody Mama} said...

Aw! I love all of these videos; I can't pick favorite! The picture is precious :)

Mary said...

Just adorable! I think kids and their dogs definitely have a special bond. :)

I hope you have a great weekend!

Melanie said...

For some reason I can't see the videos. When I click on the play button, I hear the sound, but the picture is just green. Do you or Josh know what I need to do to see the videos?

Beth Ann said...

LOVE IT!!! :)

Sooo sweet!

I don't know how Einstein wasn't eating up all those cereal pieces himself! Doug would have been all over it! Haha! I think Einstein may be a little more patient than Doug!

Also, I am very impressed by your seemingly hair-free rug. Our area rug is always hairy!!!

Unknown said...

I haven't followed your blog for very long, so when I first read this I thought you were crazy for naming your child Einstein. Then I realized it was your pug and the name just fits him! :) I have heard many great things about raising dogs and young children together. There are obvious benefits for the child, and as your video shows, benefits for the dog! :)

That last picture just MELTS MY HEART! Thanks for sharing about your sweet children! :)

tiffany | monuments and melodies said...

these are so great! that last picture is priceless! pups really do make the best of friends :)

Linda P. said...

Oh, this is the absolute sweetest, most precious post, Libby! Thank you for sharing it with us!

a boy a girl and a pug said...

Ah the noah/einstein pics keep getting cuter! I cannot wait to bring a babe home to pug. I know they'll be the best of friends ha