November 23, 2010

Thankful

Things I'm thankful for...

I am thankful for Jesus and for the sacrifice he made for me on the cross. I am thankful for his love, his mercy, his grace. Thankful that he desires a relationship with me and saved me from my sins. I am so undeserving every. single. day.

I am thankful for my little man, Noah. I love him more than words can express. He makes me so proud every single day, every single moment. I love watching him grow and learn new things. I am thankful for his sweet little giggles and thankful for each hug and kiss.

I am thankful at this point in our lives I am able to stay home with Noah. I feel so very blessed.

I am thankful for Josh. He is my best friend, my love, my provider, my blog editor and designer. He is a hard worker and never complains about the load he carries. I am so thankful for the relationship he has with Noah. He is an amazing father and husband.

I am thankful for our apartment. Thankful for the warm beds we sleep in at night. I am thankful for all the comforts we have.

I am thankful for a dependable car and Josh's {kinda} dependable Jeep.

I am thankful for God's provision for our family. Moving to the big city from Amarillo a year and a half ago was not easy. At all. But, God has abundantly provided for our every need and for that I am thankful.

I am thankful for our church family. They have been our support; they have loves and accepted our family. We are so thankful for their friendship. God is good.

I am thankful for Mimi, Granddad, Grammy, and Papa and the amazing grandparents they are to Noah. He will one day realize how blessed he is. I am so thankful for their love and involvement in Noah's life.

I am thankful for my fat little pug, Einstein. As much as he annoys me with his incessant barking and shedding, I can't imagine our lives without him. He is the sweetest, loving, most patient dog ever. He is family and we love him so very much.

I am so very thankful for the friendship I have with Laura. She is such a blessing in my life and I love how we've grown closer over the past year.

I am thankful for Dr. Pepper. There I said it. It's true.

I am thankful for my brothers and sisters and for the good relationship I have with them. I love them all very much.

I am thankful for all of my family near and far.

I am thankful for the trip Josh and I were able to take to Mexico a few weeks ago. It was so refreshing and we came back even closer. It was an amazing trip.

I am thankful for this blog where I can share our life with you. I am thankful I have found an outlet to express myself. I am thankful for each one of you who spend a little bit of your day keeping up with our blog. I am thankful for the friendships I've developed over this past year through blogging.

I am thankful for my camera and a way to capture our everyday life. I am thankful for the interest I've found in photography, and I look forward to seeing where it takes me in the next year or two.

I am thankful for family time. There is nothing better than spending time with my two boys... and of course Einstein too.

I am thankful for date nights.

I am thankful for the part time job I have in the nursery at the hospital and for all the wonderful co-workers I have. I can honestly say I get along with everyone I work with {even the doctors!}. North Hills really is a great place to work.

I am thankful for health insurance.

I am thankful for a good pediatrician we can trust and know in confidence she has Noah's best interest in mind.

I am thankful for my iPhone. I'd be lost without it. :)

I am so thankful for air conditioning during the hot, hot summers we have here in Fort Worth.

I am thankful for good health.

I am thankful for my dishwasher, washing machine, and dryer. We so often take those things for granted. They sure make life a lot easier.

I am thankful for days Josh watches Noah in the morning so I can sleep in. Doesn't happen very often, but when it does it is wonderful!!

I am thankful for so many things. Thank you Lord for all the blessings you pour out on our lives.

What are you thankful for? I would love to hear.

Hope each of you have a wonderful, relaxing Thanksgiving! Safe travels everyone!

Photobucket

13 comments:

Two Little Tots said...

Happy Thanksgiving Libby! I have a list a mile long to be thankful for...but most of all my family...my husband is such a hard worker to support us and for me to stay at home and the girls...they just melt my heart!

Brittney @ britandtheboys said...

I love it Libby! I will post my Thankful list tomorrow :) Happy Thanksgiving to you and your boys!

jillian sara said...

Hey Libby! I am thankful for sooo many things. Jesus, my family, my church....too many..

Loved this post.... LOVE YOUR BLOG! tee hee
Have a grrreat thanksgiving with your fam

Amanda said...

What a wonderfully complete and beautiful list... I am so thankful for your huge heart and honesty and grace!

Blessings-
Amanda

ASHLEY said...

Lovely :) Happy Thanksgiving to your familY!

Jami Nato said...

amen and amen, sister!

Chrissy said...

Aww Libby - what an amazing post! Love all of it! And can only underline it! I am so thankful for my wonderful family and friends! There is so much to be thankful for, and, you are right, often we forget about the "little" things we take for granted!
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!
I am thankful to have "met" you and can't wait to get to know you better!

P.S. I am thankful for Dr.Pepper as well ;)

Mary said...

What an awesome list! I have a lot of the same things to be thankful for. I hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

beth said...

This is a great post--so honest and inspiring. Happy Thanksgiving!

TheBabyMammaChronicles said...

Oh my gosh I am SO thankful for my dishwasher! I hate hand washing dishes! And the washing machine, what a great point! Can you imagine the olden days when you had to stir it in a hot barrel or rub it against a washboard?! No way jose! Love the list Libby!

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

What a sweet post Libby! Love it!

I'm thankful for foot rubs and little tiny hands!!!!

Linda P. said...

Hi, Libby! I also say Amen to so much on your list! I am so thankful that the Lord will never leave me or forsake me and that He cares about every little thing about me. I am so thankful He is my Savior. Happy Thanksgiving!

The Christians said...

Oh my goodness! Somehow I missed half of this list!! I am not sure what happened. Anyways, I love your list! Gets me in a thankful mood. I love DP and my dishwasher too. And I cannot even begin to tell you how thankful I am to have met you!! You are absolutely amazing and I feel very blessed by our friendship. What an honor to see myself on this list because it is ME who has been so blessed by you!