November 04, 2010

Trick-or-Treat

Noah had the best time trick-or-treating
on Sunday evening. He was the cutest
little Buzz Lightyear I think I've ever seen.

Photobucket

And his PJ's-turned-costume set us back
a mere $7 bucks {including the shoes}.

We decided to go cheap and easy this year.
Might as well do it when they don't care, right?

Photobucket

Of course, before we actually started going door
to door, I had to get a few pictures of my sweet little Buzz.
I knew once he figured out he was getting candy,
there would be no posing for the camera.

Photobucket

Such a sweet smile.

Photobucket

It wasn't long before Buzz found
himself some grass & leaves to play with.

Photobucket
Photobucket

We weren't sure what Noah would think of
trick-or-treating, since this was his very first time,
but we were quite surprised how well he did. He LOVED it.
And he quickly got the hang of it after watching some of the
older kids grab some candy and put it in their candy bag.

Photobucket

Of course, Noah didn't stop at just taking the candy.
He wanted to go in the houses; every time a door was opened,
Noah invited himself in. It was hilarious!

Photobucket

Noah was adamant that he put the candy in his bag.
If they put it in his bag for him, he would look at them with
the funniest expression like, "Why did you do that?"

Photobucket

And every time he got a piece of candy, he would put it in his bag,
turn around and sign "thank you" as he walked off. He was ready to
move on to the next house!

Photobucket

Noah only ate one piece of candy the whole time we were
out trick-or-treating! He really didn't care so much about eating
the candy as much as collecting it and putting it in his bag.

We had such a great time together as a family.
As we were walking down the street, Josh said,
"I love this. It is so much fun."

Photobucket

It's true, I think Josh and I were having just
as much fun as Noah was that evening.

We are already looking forward to next year!

Photobucket

15 comments:

Erica Nye said...

It is fun! It is a great memory as a parent. This is the first year Walker didn't go Trick-or-Treating. BooHoo. He is so cute and he will get good use out of his Buzz Lightyear PJ's. I bet the people were so impressed when he signed to them. I wish I was able to pick it up fast. Ashley laughs because I can't even sign the alphabet. I am going to have to get a camera like yours. Your pictures have been fabulous since you got it. I am scared that I will never be able to figure it out though. Hee hee!

Lelan @ Good Gravy! said...

I love that he kept inviting himself into your neighbors' homes!

Mom/Susan said...

You both will find that all the "kid" things you get to experience with your child are some of the most joyful times of your lives. You get to be a kid all over again and be so proud of them at the same time. Love you all.

Linda P. said...

Oh, I'm so glad you and Josh had fun, too! How neat. Thanks for the sharing the pics!

Chrissy said...

How cute that he wanted to go into the houses! And I love the picture where he is totally into those leaves... He is such a cute little guy!
Love the pic of the two of you! You look great!

The Christians said...

Awww...he's adorable in his costume! Sounds like ya'll made some great family memories. Love the pic of the two of you!

Mandy@ a sorta fairytale said...

He is definitely the cutest buzz lightyear I've seen! Those are awesome photos, he will love those one day. So polite of him to thank people for the candy, too!! :-)

Johanna @ These Prices said...

So fun!

Mary said...

What great pictures! He is so cute! I had no idea his outfit was PJs. That's awesome! I love the picture of you and him. :)

Have a great weekend!

Amanda said...

GORGEOUS!! Er, I mean, HANDSOME!! Such a cutie... amazing pictures!!

Blessings-
Amanda

Samantha {Moody Mama} said...

He is so cute!

Thanks for your sweet comment:)

Anonymous said...

That is so cute! At first I thought I was seeing P.j.s and saw you say it was what a good idea. Cordell 15mo old has sponge bob pjs like that so cute too. I should have thought of that but I didn't couldnt think of what to do and when I did it was getting to close to the end and or didn't have any so we just ended up with Cordell wearing his football jersey and being a football player it was a hand me down outfit so we didn't pay anything for him either lol. But such a cute story!! Cute boy too... we also had fun it's fun event. :D

OurLittleBlessingS said...

umm LOVE EVERY SINGLE PICTURE! he is just too cute and looks so grown up. i'm glad you had fun!

Two Little Tots said...

it looks like he had so much fun! and i am laughing about inviting himself in...they are just so cute at this age!

Kasey said...

I never would've guessed that those were pajamas! How cute! That worked out perfect! It's always so nice when something comes together so easily like that. Grace had a blast as well! And she liked inviting herself in too. They're hilarious at this age. They just have to discover everything.