November 03, 2010

Funny Story

Our church hosts a monthly get-together at Starbucks, so tonight before we went over to hang out, we decided to grab something to eat. I really was planning on cooking {been on a roll lately}, but Josh mentioned going out, so I wasn't about to complain.

Josh and I split a steak {ahhh heavenly} and Noah got a corn dog and some cinnamon apples, which he pretty much picked at the entire time we ate. Of course, I kept trying to get him to eat more, but all I could get out of him was a nibble of it here and there.

He only nibbled, that is, until I mentioned giving his corn dog to Einstein. I said, "Noah, if you are finished eating, then let's take the rest of it home to Einstein."

"Noooooooooooo. No. No. No," was his response. And then he stuffed that corn dog in his mouth like he hadn't eaten in a week.

I guess we know the trick to getting our toddler to eat now: offer to give his food to Einstein. Haha. Love it.

Photobucket

15 comments:

Rachael said...

It's funny how little kids think, isn't it? My 3 yr old does the same thing. Although we don't have a dog so either we say we are going to eat it or we have to bribe him. If he asks for something else, he can only have that request if he eats what is in front of him.

Linda P. said...

That is so funny, Libby! You ought to try that trick with some vegetable he doesn't particularly care for. You should see if his face lights up at the suggestion of giving it to Einstein, or see if he starts scarfing that stuff down. Haha! OK, that is your assignment. Please do it, and report back. Inquiring minds want to know. : D

Samantha {Moody Mama} said...

Haha I love this! I will have to keep it in mind for later :)

The montoya said...

thats so cute when noah did that...:)

Mom/Susan said...

Whatever works right??? Funny little guy,.

TheBabyMammaChronicles said...

Did I hear church meeting and Starbucks? That sounds delightful! Glad you figured out the trick to get Noah to eat!

Jami Nato said...

a little friendly competition never hurt anyone...even if the competition is a dog. ha.

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

Super cute story! That's a little boy who loves his doggie but maybe his corn dog a little more? Too cute!

Dena said...

So cute!

Mary said...

Lol that's hilarious! You should try that every time! Ya know I should try that with Hailey :)

Chrissy said...

That's so funny!
It wouldn't have worked with Leonie though - she always loved to feed Kyra our dog!
So cute!!

Two Little Tots said...

i wish that worked around here! that is too funny!

Lelan @ Good Gravy! said...

This is a hilarious story! And I love Noah because I, too, {heart} corndogs. :)

Amanda said...

Ha! Great idea!!! :)

OurLittleBlessingS said...

hahahah this is awesome!! i seriously LOL'd