August 20, 2009

I Have Some Catching Up to Do!

I am a night owl, so writing on the blog during the day does not happen very often. But today is a different story. I'm feeling a little guilty for my lack of blogs this month, so I thought since Noah is taking a little siesta I would sit down and write.

I can't believe in one week Noah will be the big O-N-E! The month of August has seriously just flown by. We are really looking forward to coming back to Amarillo next week to celebrate his birthday with all of our family and friends. Everything is pretty much ready, or at least it seems that way.

As many of you may know, Noah is very much like his daddy. I mean it really does amaze me how similar they are. However, Noah got some of my genes too. Josh always jokes and says Noah has my tendency to throw fits when he doesn't get what he wants, but he also loooovvvveeees spaghetti just like his momma does. It started out as his favorite baby food, and now it's definitely his favorite table food.



I have been so proud of Noah. He has really been doing great chewing his food and is getting so much better at bringing the food to his mouth after picking it up.

The other day Noah tasted watermelon for the first time and got to hold his very own piece.





It was funny because when he had eaten down to the rind I took it away from him to give him another piece. And, well, that was a mistake. He got so mad at me. I gave him another piece hoping it would calm him down, but oh no, he wanted HIS piece! I even cut another one to look like the one he had finished, but he wasn't having any of it. That boy knows what he wants!

Guess what else Noah has learned to do?



I can't believe it, but Noah is drinking from a straw! One day Josh had a drink from Sonic in his hand while he was holding Noah. All of a sudden we both look over and Noah is sipping coke from the straw like he had been doing it for months. It was so funny!

Now every time we go out to eat we don't have to worry about bringing his sippy cup because he is now drinking from a big boy cup! Yay Noah!



Hmm. What else do I have to share with you?

Oh yeah, how could I forget? Noah's favorite toy these days is any and every ball he can get his hands on. And you know Josh is so proud! He just knows Noah is going to become a basketball player some day.

Last night after we ate, we went to the mall to just look around. Of course being with two boys, we ended up in Dick's Sporting Goods. And we found ourselves in the corner of the store with all the balls: basketballs, footballs, soccerballs, pretty much any ball you could ever want. Well we found this little green bouncy ball and Noah was having the best time ever. Josh and Noah played "catch," but it was really Josh bouncing the ball to Noah, and then giving the ball to Noah to throw on the floor. Every time the ball bounced off of Noah's head, he just laughed and laughed. It was so so sweet! I actually managed to get a pretty good picture on my iPhone of Noah and his bouncy ball.



As much as we would have loved to buy that green little bouncy ball, we couldn't justify spending almost $10 for it! So today Josh came home with a ball from Walmart, and Noah loves it! He has been playing with it all morning. Isn't he just the sweetest little guy!?



Early this morning I caught the cutest thing on video. I was in the living room when I heard Noah bouncing something on the hardwood floors. I walked over to see what Noah was up to, and I found him as happy as can be playing with his little yellow ball.



Well I better go! I have to get my workout in before Josh goes to work tonight. Have a great rest of the day!

1 comment:

Cynthia Meeks said...

That sounds fun! I am sure everyone is so glad you are coming back for it. My parents are having to come from out of town for Hutton's but at least they can all make it! We aren't doing a theme really. I am just decorating in cute colors {aqua, green, orange and brown} and his outfit and party hat match that. Did you order a cake? I am not sure what I am going to do about that. I am going out of town next week which is not optimal timing when it comes to planning, but I will be here the whole week before and my mom and sister are coming so I think there will be time to get everything done! Is there anything you found that you didn't think of at first that I need to get?