August 11, 2009

Missing in Action

I have very much missed my blog the past couple of days. Whoa. Actually I think it has been more like a week. And you are probably wondering what the heck I have been doing all this time. Well I've been at the Texas Baptist Deaf Youth Camp all week as camp nurse. And yes I did leave Noah for five whole days! I can't even begin to explain how much I missed my baby. Especially when I called to see how Noah was doing and I would hear his voice in the background, or I would talk to him and then hear his precious voice saying, "mama." You can imagine I got very emotional. But knowing he was in good hands with my Mom and Dad made it just a little easier being away. Thank you SO much Mimi and Granddad for taking care of Noah all week; we really appreciate it and know Noah loved being with you!

As much as I (and Josh too) missed Noah, we really had a great week at camp. The theme for the week was "Live out Loud" with the focus of being set a part for God and wholeheartedly living for Him. God was definitely at work in my heart this week and I left with convictions and a renewed passion for Him. I want to know Him deeper. I desire to be a godly woman, wife, and mother and I pray God will continue to mold me to become more like Him. I am so thankful for this past week at camp.

But, I sure am happy to be home, and I have loved every minute being with Noah today. I missed every little thing about him while I was away. And it was so hard for me to lay him down for naps today and bed tonight because I missed him so much all week and I have to go back to work the next two days. When I saw him today it looked like he had grown in just a couple of days. It's amazing how fast little ones make changes so quickly. Speaking of growing, Noah will be a year in 16 days. I think I just shed a tear. A year has come and gone so quickly. It feels like just the other day when I was holding a 7 lb 14 oz Noah in my arms. Sometimes it's hard to believe he was ever that small. What a joy and blessing he is in our lives this past year. I can't imagine our lives without him.

Noah a couple days old

Noah almost One!


I am anxious to share Noah's most recent pictures with you! I have a few already, but they are hidden away until his invitations to his party are sent out. They are the cutest things I've ever seen.

Have a fabulous day!

2 comments:

Cynthia Meeks said...

This post makes me want to cry a little too! I can't believe a year has already past and we will have toddlers soon! Also you are very brave for leaving him for that long. I have only been away from Hutton for one night and I missed him so much so I am sure you must have been dying! I am going to have to leave him in December for five days and I am already dreading it. {it helps that I will be going to Mexico for a wedding Jered is in, but I really hate the thought of leaving him!}

Sarah Brown said...

You are amazing! I'm glad you had such a wonderful time at camp. I hope Noah's party goes well.