August 27, 2009

Happy Birthday My Sweet Baby

One year ago today, my precious Noah came into the world. I can't recall what I did during the day of August 27th, 2008, but I vividly remember that evening. It was a Wednesday, so Josh was at the church finishing things up for Bible study that night. It was my first pregnancy, and I didn't know what it would feel like if my water broke, so I hoped it would be very obvious. I remember calling Josh around six that night saying, "Josh I seriously think my water broke." I didn't know for sure, but I just had a feeling.

Josh's response was, "Well if you think it broke, why don't you call the doctor." I don't think he actually believed me. Haha. Anyway, Josh told me he would be home shortly.

Meanwhile, I called the doctor's office and talked to Dr. Freeman, the doctor on call, and I told him I was pretty sure my water broke. He asked me a few questions, and then he told me to go to the hospital to get checked out. I will never forget that moment. My heart started pounding in my chest. "Could this really be it?"

At that point, Josh arrived home, and I told him we were going to the hospital. I jumped in the shower, because I knew if this was really it, I wouldn't get a good shower for a while. I knew I'd be having a c-section, because Mr. Noah decided he was comfortable in the breech position. I always had his little head poking up at the top of my big, round tummy.

So, we got our stuff together, and Josh patiently walked with me as I waddled to the car. We were so excited as we drove to the hospital, because we knew that we would be meeting our precious gift from God that evening. But I remember my heart was still pounding in my chest. I was going to be a mommy. Was I ready? What if I didn't know how to be a mommy?

We arrived at the hospital, and sure enough we found out my water had broke. Noah was ready to come! And we were ready to meet him! Within a couple of hours, I was being wheeled into the c-section room, and at 8:59 pm, I heard Noah cry for the first time. I can't begin to express the emotion I felt hearing his sweet cry. Our little Noah was here and just by hearing him cry I already felt a connection to him. Tears were streaming down my face; it was one of the greatest moments in my life.

I waited for what seemed like a very long time to meet him and kiss his sweet face. Kim Clark, one of my co-workers and Noah's nurse, brought him over to me, and and I met my sweet little one for the very first time. Oh, what an amazing privilege it is to hold the child God has created within you.

Today Noah turns one. It seems like just the other day we were in the hospital room holding our tiny little baby. How does a year go by so fast?

It may have gone fast, but it has been the best year of my life. God has poured out his abundant blessings in our lives, but the greatest blessing of all is Noah.

I made this slide show the other night to show our first year with Noah. When I heard this song, I couldn't hold back tears. There is nothing more I want for Noah's life than for him to know Jesus as his Lord and Savior. This is my prayer for Noah.



Happy Birthday Noah Bear! Daddy, Mommy, and Einstein love you so much!

5 comments:

beks27 said...

That's the cutest slide show ever Libby! I feel the same way about my little Ellie-hands down the greatest blessing in my life!

My Family said...

How cute! I love his smile, he looks like such a happy baby! Your slide show is so sweet, looks like Noah has two great parents!

Sara said...

love it! what is that song called and who is it by?

Erica Nye said...

It is so very cute! I loved it.

Sarah said...

LOVE.LOVE.LOVE the slideshow! So sweet! Love the song, who sings it?
Happy birthday to your sweet boy! Hope you had a great time in Amarillo.