September 17, 2011

Chocolate Ink

Our apartment walls are in bad shape. Bad, bad shape.
I don't know what it is about toddlers, but it seems their
dirty little hands naturally gravitate to clean walls.
Our toddler is no exception.

Photobucket

Last night I caught Noah using chocolate ink
to stamp his hand print on the wall. Yes, CHOCOLATE.
Josh and I were in the kitchen talking, and all of the sudden
my Mom-Alarm went off... Noah was up to something.

Noah was darting back and forth from his
little table in the living room to a nearby wall,
covering it with little chocolate hand prints.

His plate was covered in melted chocolate Popsicle, so
Noah thought he'd use it to paint the walls Curious George style.

I think I literally gasped out loud when I saw what Noah
had done. I called Josh into the living room and we both stood
there looking at each other trying to hold back our laughter.

More and more often, we find ourselves faced with situations that,
while hilarious and/or painfully cute, require a firm disciplinary response
so that Noah understands his behavior is not to be repeated.

As hard as it is, we just can't let Noah catch even a hint
of a smile, otherwise, he thinks it's all fun and games.

Toddlers! They're something else, aren't they?

Photobucket

9 comments:

Samantha {Moody Mama} said...

I bet he was proud of his chocolate art work too! Which I'm sure made it harder not to smile/laugh haha.

Mary said...

Oh man this type of situation is common here in our house. Miss Hailey is quite the little goofball. We have the same problem holding back a smile if she does something naughty that is also funny. But not always :)

Have a great weekend!

nine said...

I love all your posts about your family and toddler. I had two boy toddlers 18 months apart and they had so much energy, I was exhausted all the time, lol! But I did laugh at their antics... although I know I should not have. I did try to teach them about it, though... they turned out to be pretty good teenagers so far (knock on wood). But its' hard not to laugh at the funny things they do. Chocolate handprints are the best!!! so happy you took pics and saved the memory forever to show others.

must. have. chocolate!

xoxo
Susie
Psychozoe Designs

cheryl said...

it's moments like these that you will never forget - glad you captures it. fun post and great photo.

Angee @ October Morning said...

Great decorating. ha! I love how toddlers will draw on anything but paper.

Karen said...

Oh my I bet on top of one of those days too. Good luck I am in two year old toddler bliss/insanity I so understand.

lisaplus6 said...

oh my! they never go for the paper... we used to call my Gabby the sharpie queen :) I wish I had taken photos of her art, though!

Jami Nato said...

he had a crafternoon.

Anna Elder said...

yikes! since i don't have children i can only compare this to my pug. once he just jumped onto our media console to bark at the dog on TV and we couldn't do anything but laugh and now to this day he barks at the TV when he sees or hears a dog. i always try to think of how i would react if it were a child doing this silly, but bad things. it would be so hard!! at least it wasn't permanent markers, right? :)