September 21, 2010

"NoNo" Monster

You all know I am addicted to Etsy. I type Etsy in my browser
at least once or twice a day. A few months ago while I was
window shopping, I came across the.cutest.Etsy.shop.ever.

I immediately fell in love with Little Bit Funky. The owner of
the shop makes these adorable little monsters she calls "Hoho's.
As soon as I laid my eyes on them, I knew I had to have one!

Photobucket

Anyway, to make a long story short, I ended up not buying one.
Not because of cost or anything like that {they are very reasonable!}, but just
because I wanted to try and make one. I thought it would be fun-- and it was!!

Photobucket

But the main reason I decided to make one instead of buy one is because
I wanted to make Noah one using the fabric from some of his baby clothes.
Now that I know how to make one, I can't wait to get started on his!!

Here is my first attempt:

Photobucket

Isn't he cute!?! I will definitely be making lots
more of these little monsters.
They are so much fun!

Photobucket

17 comments:

Sarah said...

OH MY GOSH!! Love that idea, Libby!! I want to learn to sew just to be able to make a quilt out of Saylor's baby clothes! Such a precious idea!!

emily b said...

Oh, I LOVE NoNo! He is absolutely adorable. The mismatched ears are great! And I do really like how your wrapping paper backdrop worked - the colors are so vibrant!
Nice work, Libby!

Lelan @ Good Gravy! said...

Caa-YOOT. Cute, cute, cute!

Jami Nato said...

oh my word...LOVE it.

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

Super cute - they remind me of Ugly dolls...but even nicer!!!

Mary said...

That is so cute Libby! You did such a great job. Who needs Etsy when you can do it yourself. I think it's even better that way. Now he can always say that his mommy made it for him. :)

Heather Mullin said...

That is the cutest thing ever! I so wish I could sew!!!

ASHLEY said...

Those are adorable!!! I am also totally addicted to etsy!

Dena said...

I really need to stop reading blogs! My list just gets longer and longer all the time!

The Neill's said...

He is adorable!!! I love Etsy-inspired projects! That's how I got inpired to start crafting. I might have to make some of these for Christmas!

Melanie Lyons said...

Aw very cute!

Shannau said...

Libby!! that is CUTE! I LOVE the idea of using old baby clothes- great way to reuse!

Linda P. said...

That is so cute, Libby! What does Noah think of him?

The Christians said...

Soooo cute! Very impressed! I got Ian's other deal taken to the embroidery shop today! Can't wait to see it!

mel @ the larson lingo said...

SO cute! Love the name! Great job!

Prairie said...

Super, super cute! You are really getting the hang of this sewing thing. Impressive!

Angie said...

OHHH That's VERY cute! I love this an idea...Way to go, Libby!! Your the BEST!