September 30, 2009

Libby & Julia

Have you seen the movie Julie & Julia? Someday I will get around to seeing it. I reeeeaaallly wanna see it. The reason I bring the movie up is because in a way I kinda feel like the girl in the movie. Well, to some extent I do. The young girl, Julie, in the movie makes it her goal to cook her way through Julia Child's cook book. I have recently made it my goal to: 1. cook more and 2. to find and try out new recipes. The main reason I'm expanding my recipe collection and cooking more often is for the benefit of my family, but personally I have actually enjoyed being in the kitchen lately. I'm certainly no Betty Crocker, and the recipes I've cooked lately have been pretty simple, but with a one-year old crawling all over the place I don't have time to spend hours upon hours in the kitchen.

Last week when I was planning my menu for the week, I spotted a new recipe on kraftfoods.com that I wasn't quite sure of, but I thought I would venture out and try it. If you need something quick and very tasty you need to try this:

Cheesy Chicken Tostadas

Photobucket

You'll need:

6 tostada shells
1/2 cup Philadelphia Chive & Onion Cream Cheese Spread
3/4 lb. cooked chicken, shredded*
6 Kraft Singles
1 avocado, sliced
1-1/2 cups shredded lettuce
1 medium tomato, chopped

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spread tostada shells evenly with cream cheese spread;
place on baking sheet. Fill evenly with chicken and Singles.
Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until heated through.
Top with the avocados, lettuce, and tomatoes.

** I put the chicken in a slow cooker with chicken broth and let it cook
all day. It is so moist and easy to shred by dinnertime.

That is it!

Josh really liked them (I could tell he wasn't lying), and Noah, well, he didn't exactly eat them, but I think he really enjoyed the chicken and avocados.





Project Big Boy UPDATE: Noah has been doing so well. We had another really good day. For both his nap and bedtime he fell asleep within 15 minutes. It is getting easier by the day. The days of "Ba-ba" are gone. Kinda makes me sad.

If you have any yummy recipes to share send them my way!

Hope you are having a great night!



2:00 am update: Ok, I was about to go to bed, but I just had to add this to the blog before I went to sleep. As I always do before I go to bed, I went in Noah's room to check on him. This is what I found:


Most of the time when I check on him, Noah has his blankets flung every which way, but not tonight. Tonight I went in to find little Noah comfortably tucked in with a blanket. Turns out Josh had been to visit Noah a few minutes before I went in. How precious is that? What a wonderful daddy!

1 comment:

Linda P. said...

Hi, Libby! It's Linda from church. I told you I had been checking in on your blog! I will have to try that tostada recipe. I have been kind of lazy in the cooking department lately. I need a shot of creativity. I would love to hear about good and easy recipes you learn about!